Our Team & Story
Our Story. The research project commenced in April 2017 as a result of cooperation between Maria Znamenska, the owner of the ophthalmic clinic, a Ph.D. in Ophthalmology, and Andrey Kuropyatnyk, an MBA, IT consultant.
Together they decided to digitalize the world of eye care practice and make one of the most common diagnostic methods, Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), more efficient & accurate with the help of AI. The first prototype for the detection of two pathological conditions and a normal retina was developed in November 2017.
In April 2018 Altris was among the winners of the Global New Venture Challenge a global startup competition of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Also, the company Altris Inc. was incorporated in April 2018.
At the moment Altris Inc. is an ecosystem of products that includes Altris AI ( a standalone web platform that improves diagnostic decision-making among eye care specialists) and Altris Education OCT (a free mobile app for OCT education interpretation).
Altris AI system is already installed in more than 30 clinics around the world and helps hundreds of optometrists and ophthalmologists in diagnostics. Altris Education OCT is used by 9000+ ophthalmologists and optometrists as an education tool. The number of satisfied customers is growing steadily, and the industry standard is getting higher with the help of Altris Inc. products.
Location. The company is headquartered in the USA with the R&D centers located in Kyiv, Ukraine, and Malaga, Spain.
Mission: Altris Inc. is setting higher diagnostic standards in OCT interpretation and improving patient outcome as a result.
- In May 2019 the company signed the first partnership agreement with Huvitz Corporation, a South Korean ophthalmic equipment manufacturer aiming development AI solutions for OCT interpretation.
- In July 2019 Altris AI received a CE-mark certificate as a medical software for OCT interpretation with AI.
- In September 2019 the company released Altris AI the first commercially available AI solution for OCT interpretation at the EURETINA conference getting positive feedback from the ophthalmology community.
- In May 2020 the company started r&d activities in OCT structural analysis for early retina neurodegeneration detection (Glaucoma, Multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease)
- In September 2021 Altris AI in partnership with Topcon Healthcare was implemented in the clinics where Topcon tomographs are installed
- In 2022 the team grew to 30+ members and created an effective sales & marketing strategy